School in the summer?

Most kids are out at the public pool right now, swimming their hearts out, other kids are at camp playing volleyball. The kids down my street are playing basketball and eating ice cream... what am I doing, you ask? This, I'm writing this for school. This blog is part of my summer school, along with math, botany and English. Why am I doing this summer school ? Because I want to, and even if I didn't want to I would still be doing it because my Dad thinks I should work through the summer, not because I failed 7th grade. I actually passed and took a test to see what grade I should go in next and it was 9th grade! So I'm going to 9th grade when school starts again.

 Anyways, I wanted to do the summer school because if I didn't I would be bored out of my mind in this house. Even though I have come to realize that I can easily find something to do lately I would still be bored.

Although I'm doing summer school I still get one month off in the summer to go to NM to visit my Grandma and Grandpa. When me, my brother and sister arrive we right away start packing to go to the lake and camp! We take the little trailer that my Grandma and Grandpa have and drive out to the lake and stay there for three days. My day goes like this when we are at the lake.

Wake up
Eat breakfast (usually pancakes)
Put on bathing suit
Go swimming for three hours
Eat lunch and take a walk
Go swimming for four hours
Dry off
take bathing suit off
Eat dinner by the fire
go to bed

And somewhere in that "busy" schedule I can fit in "reading my favorite book".

Once we have come back to their house we tuck away the bathing suits and water shoes and start the rest of our month with them. Now, I don't get the whole month off, I still have to do my summer school a few days a week with them. So other then homework and camping we do things like Bake, walks, crafts, watch movies and anything else we can cram into the month. Last year I was there I took a sowing class and make corn husk dolls with my Grandma. Another thing we did last we were there was go to a balloon festival and we brought along my friend Milli!





When our month is over we have to go back home and finish up summer school. We usually finish summer school around the middle of august and start regular school a week later. I know... it sound horrible to those of you who don't do summer school, but I like it. In a way I feel like it helps prepare me for the next school year.

 This year I'm not only going to NM but also CA in August! I'm going to Disneyland for three days with my friend Emily (Its her birthday!). So my summer wont be bad at all! I'm sure it will actually be one of the best summers ever! And who says you need to be playing basketball down the street and eating Ice cream? I don't even really like ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment